1. Little little bird, Kannamma*, The treasure house of wealth You removed my problems, And came to this world to improve it. The poet addresses Krishna as Kannamma (darling) which is a girl. I have Not translated it but retained it.
2. Child who is Nectar like fruit-Kannamma, A golden painting which talks, Oh honey which comes before me dancing, So that I will take and hug you.
3. When you are coming in a run- Kannamma, My mind became cool, When I see you dancing and rotating- my soul, Embraces you.
4. When I fondle your head-my pride, Grows in leaps and bounds, When you are appreciated by others, My mind shivers in pleasure.
5. If I kiss your cheeks-my heart, My heart gets the alcoholic exuberance, But if I hug you-Kannamma, I loose my sanity
6. When your face becomes little red- my mind, Starts getting nervous, When your forehead has lines of worries- My, Mind becomes agitated.
7. When tears come in to your eyes, blood, Oozes out of my heart, You are the ball of my eye-Kannamma, My soul belongs completely to you.
8. by your lisping talk-Kannamma, You would destroy my sorrows, By your jasmine smile- You, Would avoid my barbarous nature.
9. Do pages tell sweet stories, Like what you do, Is there any God like you, In giving love to me.
10 Are there diamond gems like you, For wearing in the chest. Is there wealth like you, For living a life of plenty?